Investments should be targeted towards core business growth. So, think carefully about what you want to own in 2018. Movable assets and office supplies are not lucrative investments. It’s time to lease IT assets. Leasing releases resources so you can concentrate on core business activities.
2. Sell your old devices and lease new ones Access beats ownership. The leap to freedom can be difficult if your replacement strategy has always been based upon purchasing equipment. You can ease the change with IT devices. You don’t have to wait for planned replacement dates. Sell the equipment that you have, and start leasing right away.
3. Ensure transparency Financial surprises are rarely pleasant. That’s why costs and allocations are monitored. Business managers, financial directors and controllers need to know where costs will come from - per device, and on a monthly basis. Planning and budgeting must be supported by systems that offer clear and consistent information throughout the budget period.
4. Improve the sustainability of your organisation Sustainability concerns ever more businesses and organisations. Our life cycle service is a prime example of the circular economy in action. So, next year, choose a more sustainable way of handling your IT equipment. Less waste will provide positive benefits for the environment, society and your business.
5. Prepare for changes in the way we work How do you plan next-generation tools for your business? Obsolescent solutions will not be good enough; they may damage your competitive advantage. Remote working, a multiplicity of personal productivity tools, flexible office spaces, artificial intelligence, smart offices, and new employees with new habits will change our daily routines. Budget for flexibility. Prepare for the future. Avoid rigid purchase decisions. Exploit the possibilities of leasing.
6. Prepare for risks There are better ways to manage IT asset risks. Register all your devices and track their movements, fewer will be lost. When a device becomes obsolete, don’t let it gather dust or risk a data loss. Leave it to our life cycle service to find a new home for your used equipment - effortlessly and securely.
7. So, what should you own? What you should own depends on what field you operate in. However, the answer to what any organisation should not own in 2018 is simple: No computers. No phones. No premises. No furniture.
There is a smart alternative to investing in expensive, depreciating devices and suffering obsolescence. You can release cash, make IT procurement easy and transparent, and rationalise support processes. This checklist will help you plan and budget for next year.
Leasing is the easy, cost effective route to IT life cycle management. Learn more.